Saturday, November 18, 2006

from the makers of "those aren't olives"...

i have found the holy land, it's a giant liquor store which sells my favorite booze, and big boxes of cereal! :) and the chartreuse is half the price as back home!!!!!
at first glance you might think those green things are grapes, they're not! they're agar balls (think jello but a little more solid) yummy.

i have seen my first japanese giant hornet. he was hanging out on the second floor of the apt (i'm on the third). if he had been on my floor, it would have kept me from going downstairs because there was no way around it. these suckers are huge!!!! he was as long as my middle finger, and they're very scary with their orange faces. one time derek and i saw this discovery (?) show where 30 of these guys took out a colony of 3000 honey bees! someone put clips of that show to a raidohead song on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWd_Lf3yS34 so scary!! i would have gotten a better shot, but he kept looking at me, and i didn't want to piss him off. maybe he'll be dead in the morning and i can get a good shot of it. so scary!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home